Old Spice is my favourite line for men because it reminds me of my Dad (my most favourite person in the world!) however, from my current research I have found that this product line by Proctor & Gamble is not as great as I may have thought.
According to the Natural Skincare Authority, Old Spice Endurance Body Wash scored 1.7 out 10 for the following reasons:
- G.M.Os or genetically modified organisms and pesticides may be found in this product because Proctor & Gamble outsource their animal testing
- According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, many of the ingredients in this body wash have not been tested for safety
- This product contains a known carcinogen, FDC Green 3
- Four ingredients have been linked with breast cancer and other serious health concerns
- There are many penetration enhancers that increase the incidence of carcinogenic (or cancer causing) factors and their absorption into the body through the skin
Does this mean that everyone should turn to purely natural and organic products? Not necessarily but some individuals have very sensitive skin and are prone to skin reactions with certain ingredients. I believe all over the counter products meet at least the minimum rating for cosmetic safety. For those who are looking for the most natural alternative, Miessence Sunflower Body Wash scored 10 out of 10 based on safety and ingredient content.