By Deena Hamza
Bread pudding may be your fondest Holiday memory of decadent treats with so many variations to please everyone’s taste. Here is my favorite recipe courtesy of Tosca Reno, the fittest 50+ year old in the fitness industry!
- 4 cups of Ezekiel bread, cubed (or raisin bread)
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ¼ cup dark sultana raisins
- ¼ cup slivered raw almonds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup molasses
- Sea salt
- 2 cups milk (soy, cow, sheep, almond, rice, oat are alternatives)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prep loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place bread cubes in the bottom of pan. Sprinkle dried fruits and almonds over bread cubes. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, molasses and salt. Whisk well.
3. Transfer milk to medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk slowly into egg mixture. Pour over bread mixture in loaf pan.
4. Place loaf pan in a shallow water bath and bake for one hour or until bread mixture begins to look brown and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Yogurt and berries or even a sprinkle of powdered sugar will seal this masterpiece. Enjoy!